Forbes.com says, Paul is “one of the nation’s leading experts on concussion law.”
Paul D. Anderson is a licensed attorney in the state of Missouri, practicing at The Klamann Law Firm. His practice focuses on sports-injury litigation, advocating for traumatic brain injury victims and Retired NFL Players’ rights. If you are a former athlete interested in discussing your rights, you can contact Paul D. Anderson here. In addition to his sports law practice, Paul also handles class actions, employment litigation and personal injury cases. Paul is an Adjunct Professor at UMKC School of Law where he teaches a course on concussion litigation.
Paul, Ken McClain, Andrew Schermerhorn and Dirk Vandever are litigating a variety of high-profile sports injury cases. Paul and his legal team recently settled the first ever individual brain-injury case against the NCAA, et al., for $1.2 million.
The following is a list of exemplary cases:
Derek Sheely, et al v. NCAA, et al.
- Dornbrook: Local Lawyers Reach Landmark Concussion Settlement with NCAA
- Solomon: Judge Rules NCAA Must Go To Trial in Death of Football Player
- Sundar: NCAA Faces Trial Over Footballer’s Fatal Head Injury
- Fenno: Frostburg State Football Player Pressured Back on Field After Blows to Head Dies
- Solomon: NCAA’s Mark Emmert Ordered to Testify in Wrongful Death Suit
- Sundar: NCAA Prez to Testify in Frostburg State Football Death
- Fenno: NCAA Seeks to Seal Internal Emails in Wrongful-Death Lawsuit
- Crossman: Sharing Derek Sheely
- Mellinger: Death of Derek Sheely Shows Football Concussion Problems Extend Beyond NFL
- Fenno: NCAA Continues to Prove it is Hypocritical to the Core
Albert Lewis, et al v. Kansas City Chiefs
- AP: Five Former KC Chiefs Players Sue Team Over Head Injuries
- AP: Nine Former KC Chiefs Players Join Brain Injury Lawsuit
- Plaintiffs’ Motion to Remand
- Plaintiffs’ Opposition to KC Chiefs Motion to Stay Proceedings
Neil Smith, et al v. Kansas City Chiefs
Zoey Belcher v. Kansas City Chiefs
- Hruby: A Search for Answers
Roy Green, et al v. St. Louis Football Cardinals
Paul graduated summa cum laude from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law. While in law school, he focused on Sports Law, Class Actions, Labor & Employment Law, and Business Litigation. He clerked with the law firm of Monaco, Sanders, Gotfredson, Racine and Barber, and interned with Senior U.S. District Judge Ortrie D. Smith at the United States District Court of the Western District of Missouri prior to joining The Klamann Law Firm.
Paul excelled in all aspects of law school, receiving the highest grade in Torts, Legal Research and Writing I & II, Federal Taxation, Estates & Trusts, Professional Malpractice Litigation and Sports Law. He spent his final semester of law school interning at the Department of Labor, and devoted the remainder of his time covering the NFL concussion litigation.
Paul shares a passion for sports and the law. Primarily baseball, but since Major League Baseball is on the path of enjoying more than twenty years of labor peace and has fortunately, for the most part, remained out of the courtroom, Paul turned his attention to the current litigation battle heating up in football regarding concussions.
When Paul is not busy practicing law, you can find him cheering on his beloved St. Louis Cardinals or mountain biking and cycling.
Follow him on Twitter @PaulD_Anderson and feel free to email him with any questions at PaulD_Anderson@me.com. He is available for radio and TV appearances, as well as lecturing and consulting services.
- SiriusXM NFL Radio Blitz
- Hockey Night in Canada on Sirius/XM
- Panelist at Arizona State’s College of Law’s 3rd Annual Conference on Sports and Entertainment Law
- Regularly appear on SportsBiz Today
- Canadian Television (CTV)
- Courts and Sports, WOKV 690 am
- Lectured to graduate Sports Management class at Northwestern University
- Presented at the Chicago Bar Ass’n Sports Lawyers Conference
- Quoted by ESPN, The New York Times, USA Today, ABC News, Washington Times, Associate Press, The Washington Post, Sports Business Journal, Forbes.com, NFL.com, The Hollywood Reporter, KC Star, Beaumont Enterprise, Clarion-Ledger and many more.
- Profiled by The Pitch and Slate’s Hang up and Listen
This blog is published by Paul D. Anderson. The content on here does not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. Nothing on this blog is intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. If you require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. The choice of an attorney is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements. The information published on here is copyrighted material, and it should only be reproduced with proper attribution to the author.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.