Starting Lineups for the Third Circuit Arguments Posted
Earlier this week, I noted the likely lineup for the oral arguments on Thursday. Since the parties have a limited time yet wide-ranging arguments, the Third Circuit ordered the parties vying for an opportunity to speak to split up their time accordingly. The Objectors are allotted thirty minutes and the proponents of the settlement are allotted thirty minutes. Since the Objectors are appealing the settlement, they will go first. The NFL and the Class will follow, and then the Objectors will get a rebuttal.
The following lineup has been solidified, subject to a division for rebuttal time and any last minute changes:
- Steven Molo on behalf of the Faneca Objectors (13 mins including rebuttal) – description of arguments: “substantive unfairness of settlement’s disparate treatment of CTE”
- Deepak Gupta on behalf of Armstrong Objectors (13 mins including rebuttal) – description of arguments: “inadequate representation of future-injury claimants”
- Howard Bashman on behalf of Heimburger Objectors (2 mins) – description of arguments: “inappropriateness of class certification”
- Jared Beck on behalf of Gilchrist Objectors (1 min) – description of arguments: “Daubert“
- Chip Becker on behalf of Alexander Objectors (1 min) – description of arguments: “Girsh factors”
- Samuel Issacharoff on behalf of the Class (17 mins)
- Paul Clement on behalf of the NFL and NFL Properties (13 mins)
- Steven Molo
- Deepak Gupta
Third Circuit Panel
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.